Twelve 12 STEPS INVOLVED IN CERTIFICATION ISO 27001- INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS by SAUDI LOCAL AGENCY
Seder APD, Riyadh is successfully certified for ISO 27001. It has been the proven fact, due to poor security controls, more than 20% of vulnerable companies are getting hacked by unknown sources leading to information breach. These information breaches lead to severe damage to reputation and financial risks.
ISO 27001 is the most preferred International Standard developed by ISO to demonstrate effective implementation of information security management system thus enhancing controls required for preventing information security incidents
BENEFITS TO THE ORGANIZATION
- Prevention of security breaches
- Supports compliance with relevant law and regulations
- Protects the reputation
- Cost savings through reduction in incidents.
- Reduces likelihood of paying fines.
- Re-assurance to clients on their information security
WHAT IS ISO 27001 STANDARD ?
ISO terms “Information security” as preservation of confidentiality, integrity and availability of information. Information that need protection range from digital information, financial information, paper documents, and information with physical assets (computers and networks) to the knowledge of individual employees.
ISO 27001 provides requirements for an information security management system. The standard is applicable to all types, nature and size of organization.
12 STEPS INVOLVED IN ISO 27001 CERTIFICATION:
The key steps involved in ISO 27001 certification are:
- Gap analysis
- Defining context scope and policy
- Risk assessment training in accordance with ISO 31001 standard
- Risk assessment and risk treatment plan
- Establishing information security objectives and plan to achieve them
- Preparing Statement of applicability (SOA)
- Establishing Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability levels for each of the Asset classification
- Documentation of manual, procedures and relevant forms
- Implementation of 114 controls across 14 different categories
- Vulnerability assessment and penetration test.
- ISO 27001 internal audit
- ISO 270001 management review meeting
ISO 27001 provides the following structure and guidance on the implementation of an Information security management System:
Clause 4. Context of the Organization
Clause 5. Leadership
Clause 6. Planning (Strategic risks and opportunities)
Clause 7. Support (resources and information)
Clause 8. Operation (Risk assessment and risk treatment)
Clause 9. Performance Evaluation
Clause 10. Improvement
The benefits of ISO 27001 are significant and easily outweigh the cost of having a professional information management system. Various companies such as Law firms, IT Companies, Offices, Banks, Insurance company in Saudi Arabia have been certified by our agency for ISO 27001.
Located in Riyadh, Rabigh, Jeddah, Dammam and wish To know more on how your organization can secure the ISO 27001 systems from the top and the best local Saudi consulting company and minimize the risks or threats from various sources just mail to firstname.lastname@example.org